Room Rental Terms and Conditions
Check-in, Check-out, Late Check-out and Late Arrivals
- Check-in is 3:00 pm.
- Check-out 11:00 am.
- Late Checkout – Because we may need to get the room ready for another guest, normal check-out time is 11:00 am. However, if you check with us in the morning you are leaving and no one else is coming into the room, we may be able to allow a noon check-out.
- Late Arrival – If you arrive after we have left for the day, we will leave a welcome letter for you in the late arrival rack to the left of the office door. The welcome letter will provide you with directions to your room.
- Deposit – When you book your room, we will charge a deposit for your first night’s stay
Cancellations, Changes, Bad Weather and Expedia Reservations:
- Cancellations made at least 7 days prior to scheduled arrival are free and we will refund your full deposit when you cancel.
- For cancellations made within 7 days of scheduled arrival, your night’s deposit will be forfeit.
- If you booked through Expedia and would like to cancel, please cancel through Expedia
- For cancellations made due to weather, we do not generally relax our refund policy . However, if a voluntary evacuation order is given for our area during your dates and you cancel your reservation, we will give you a full refund. In lessor cases of inclimate weather, all cancellation fees apply.
- If you would like to change the dates or reduce the length of your stay, you may do so without penalty, up to 48 hours prior to arrival.
- Methods of payment: We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover and Diners Club. We do not accept cash or personal checks.
- Payment for the amount of your stay, less your deposit, is due at check-in. If you arrive late or for some other reason, do not pay your balance when you arrive, please come to the office between 9:30 and 10:00 the next morning, to pay your balance. If you do not come in by 10:00, we will charge the balance to the credit card we have on file.
- You will be charged for any pets or additional guests that were not accounted for when you placed your reservation.
- If it is determined after you leave that there are additional charges to assess, such as for pets or additional guests, or for special cleaning fees as outlined below, we will charge these fees to the credit card we have on file.
- All of our accommodations are NON-SMOKING, including ALL SCREENED-IN PORCHES. Please use the designated outside smoking areas.
- If we determine that your room has been smoked in, during your stay, you will be charged an additional $500.00 fee.
- Pets are only permitted in our pet friendly rooms. These are Flat Two, the Art Deco room and the Funky Bird room.
- If we determine that a pet has stayed with you in a room we have not designated as pet friendly, you will be charged our normal pet fees plus an additional cleaning fee of $250.00.
- There will a $20.00 charge for keys that are not returned. You may leave your key(s) in you room, when you check out.
If we need to move you to another room…
- From time to time, we may find it necessary to move guests from their originally booked accommodations to another accommodation of equal or better value. Reasons we might do this include unplanned maintenance, accommodating disabled guests, guests who have difficulty with stairs and guests who require a pet friendly room.
- If, for whatever reason, you want to stay specifically in the room you’ve booked or you need a first floor or handicap accessible accommodation, please let us know.
Handicap Access and Difficulty with Stairs
- If you have any special needs, we want to ensure that you reserve a room that is suitable for your needs, and if we have to move guests, we do not want to move you to a room that will not suit your needs.
Please let us know if you have any special access needs due to a medical condition or disability that requires handicap accessibility or which might pose difficulty with stairs.
- We provide a limited “Tidy” service on request. We will bring you fresh towels, restock toiletries, take out the garbage and make the bed (if there is nothing on it) and restock the wine bar. To request a tidy, by 12:00 noon, hang out your door-knob hanger with the “Please Tidy” side out.
Guest Room Occupancy
- Our published room rates are for 1 or 2 guests. We charge $15 per night per additional guest who is 5 years old or older (This covers breakfast, linens, additional cleaning, etc.) Our published occupancies may not be exceeded, except in special cases where prior approval is given.
- The Art Deco and Hibiscus rooms each have a king-size bed and twin-size, roll-a-way cot. They can accommodate up to 3 guests.
- Flats Two, Three and Four each have a king-size bed and a full-size, sleeper sofa. They can accommodate up to 4 guests.
- The Romance and Tropical Bird rooms each have a king-size bed and a queen-size, sleeper sofa. They can accommodate up to 4 guests.
Damage, Missing Items and Excessive Cleaning:
- If rooms are damaged, guests will be charged the costs to replace items and make repairs. This includes missing/damaged bedding, towels, windows, window screens, fixtures, furniture, doors, lights, mirrors, etc.
- If a rooms is left extremely dirty or messy, we reserve the right to charge an Excessive Cleaning fee in the amount of $50.00.
Our Pet Policy:
- Flat Two, the Art Deco room and the Funky Bird room can accommodate one or two clean, non barking pets. Pets are not permitted in any other rooms. We love animals and would love it if we could make all our guest rooms pet-friendly. Unfortunately, many people are allergic to pets and pet dander, so we must limit our pet friendly accommodations.
- We charge a $25.00 per night fee for each pet (up to 2) that stays in one of our pet-friendly guest rooms.
- Disturbing other guests: If your animal causes any disturbance to our our other guests, we reserve the right to address the issue and if we deem necessary, require you to leave.
- All guests bringing pets MUST include a cell phone number so we may contact you during your stay if needed.
- Please clean up after your pet and dispose of waste.
- Pets are not allowed on furniture in guestrooms or common areas.
- Service animals accompanying people with disabilities are always welcome but they must be declared when you book or at the front desk when you check-in. Service dogs are not required to pay a pet fee, however Emotional Support Animals and Therapy Animals must pay the fee.
- Note: Animal Control Ordinance Sec. 5.107. States that only Walton county residents may take their dogs to the beach during certain hours and they must be permitted. Visitors to the beach can NOT take their pets to the beach and they can NOT get permits. So, as we would like to stay pet friendly we must advise our guest that they cannot lawfully take their dog to the beach.
Hibiscus Coffee & Guesthouse, Inc is not responsible for items left in rooms or cars. We request that you please take your valuables with you when you leave